High Voltage is looking for a FX Artist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a particle editor. They will be, primarily, a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
If you have a strong sense of weight, timing, motion, and you demonstrate technical aptitude with Materials and Logic we are ready for you to bring those abilities to execute outstanding FX in our games.
• Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
• Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX.
• Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game FX work
• You have a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
• Ability to create all art needed for the FX
• Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
• Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
• Desire to work with a team. Share knowledge and grow together
• Strong willingness and desire to work collaboratively
• Shipped multiple titles within the game industry
• Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
• Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
• Scripting experience Blueprint or other
• Strong desire to learn new techniques, and grow tools and pipeline
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.