High Voltage is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers to join our growing Engineering team. We believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features.
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
• Use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
• Be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
• Support technical excellence of our games on multiple platforms
• Improve existing gameplay systems
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Unreal Engine development experience
• Experience developing games professionally on PC and consoles with shipped titles
• A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
• Strong math skills
• Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working on a live service game
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• An in-depth understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and you think you’re a perfect fit, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This position is located at our office in New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.