High Voltage is looking for a Concept Artist to join our team. In this role you, will work directly with the design department to create and quickly iterate on clean, purposeful shapes that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, and a clear rendering style in designing both characters and environments. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience.
• Creating characters, enemies, and environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team
• Create concept art based on written or verbal descriptions
• Create both quick thumbnail drawings and finished pieces of art
• Gather reference and research
• Based on visual style from the Art Director, collaborate to on the visual style and ensure our designs are of our quality bar
• Help High Voltage push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters
• Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule
• Create alternate skin designs
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward-looking characters
• A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
• Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
• Experience creating mechanical designs
• Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and basic knowledge of 3D software
• Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
• Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Experience with the Unreal Engine
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.