High Voltage is looking for a UI Technical Artist to join our team. In this position, you will have a role advancing our technology and look across various UI systems, including the Front End (both 2D and 3D) and in-game UI. You will work with engineers and artists on a cross-discipline team to create high quality interactive or cinematic experiences in the engine.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the player’s experience and an eye for beautiful visual communication.
• Improving the look and feel of UI features in development
• Advancing the technology for 2D and 3D art within the UI
• Supporting UI artists by assisting with optimization and improving pipelines
• Experimenting with and developing new techniques for delivering art
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• Expert understanding of materials, lighting, composition, 3D modeling, animation, and/or 2D art in UE4
• Shipped titles with UI and/or extensive Front End art requirements
• Demonstrated ability for basic scripting or blueprint editing
• Excellent eye for high quality interactive experiences or cinematic moments
• Ability to work with and bridge the gap between engineers and other artists
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• Passion for video games
Preference to Applicants With:
• Experience with UMG
• Experience creating materials in UE4 is a plus
• Experience with Blueprint Scripting
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.