High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled Lighting Artist to create beautiful and highly realistic real-time lighting for our games.
- Build compelling real-time lighting for environments, interiors, character and props.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Work closely with the art, tech art, VFX and development teams to create real-time lighting solutions that fit within the aesthetic and performance targets.
- Challenge yourself to use the most efficient lighting approach possible without sacrificing visual quality.
- Work from reference materials, concepts or come up with your own visual style.
- Contribute ideas and visual concepts to the visual development of the project
- Use a wide variety of lighting technologies, from highly accurate real-time raytracing down to pre-baked lightmaps.
- Manage multiple complex tasks
- Asset export and implementation into Unreal Engine
- Test and verify your work on target hardware
- Links to portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Highly skilled at color theory, composition, light, and form.
- Demonstrated ability to light mechanical, organic and environment assets beautifully.
- Excellent aesthetic sense combined with good technical expertise and highly detail oriented.
- Familiar with 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop and 3rd party lighting tools.
- Highly motivated, eager to learn.
- Shipped game title experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Passion for video games
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
Three (3) years of production lighting experience in film, television or games.
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located in either our offices in Hoffman Estates, IL or New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.